Effective 1 December 2018
Natskin is committed to respecting the privacy of your Personal Information. We appreciate that individuals are concerned about the security of their Personal Information and we are committed to protecting any Personal Information in our custody or control.
Natskin’s retailers (which may include online market places) and commercial partners (together, ‘our Partners’) are independent of Natskin and may have privacy policies which differ from ours. Our Partners are responsible for their own privacy policies and privacy practices. Please contact our Partners directly for further information on their privacy policies.
Collecting Personal Information
Natskin strives to be fair and open about the way we collect information about you and what we intend to do with the information.
We receive and store certain types of information from you when you purchase our products and services, subscribe to our mailing list, pro-interact with our Websites to deliver the products you request from us, and help improve your overall online experience. For example, like many other websites, we store “cookies” and other web- based files on user devices to get certain types of information when your web browser,
In addition, if you open a Natskin account with us or use Natskin Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, email and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as credit or debit card numbers that you link to your Natskin account or give us when you use Natskin Services.
- Detailed Personal Information such as your date of birth, lifestyle and medical history
We may also collect your Personal Information if you enter a competition or promotion we run (either directly or through our marketing agents or our Partners), or if you apply for employment with us either directly or through a recruitment or employment agency.
We may collect Personal Information about our Partners’ staff directly from those staff or from our Partners. The information we collect about our Partners’ staff may include your name, position, contact details and training records.
We may also collect the Personal Information of our suppliers and service providers’ staff during the course of our business activities. This information may include your name, contact details and position. We will collect this information directly from you, or from the applicable supplier or service provider.
Using Personal Information
Natskin only collects, holds and handles information about you that is necessary for us to perform the services you request from us, that is otherwise reasonably necessary for our business activities, your health and safety or if required by law, court, or tribunal order.
We may use Personal Information we collect about you for a number of purposes including:
- provide Natskin products and services
- customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- learn more about your level of satisfaction, your expectations of us and our Partners, and how we can meet them
- customise, measure, and improve Natskin Services and the content, layout, and operation of our Websites;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you via telephone, text (SMS) or email messaging,
- to consider you for a position at Natskin for which you have applied;
- to acquire goods or services from you or from your employer;
- for the purpose of performing data analytics including to improve our and our Partners’ services;
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as required or permitted by relevant laws and regulations.
You agree that we may use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collect it and for related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you.
If all or some of your Personal Information is not collected or cannot be verified, we may be unable to provide you with Natskin Products & Services or a customised experience, engage with you, or do business with you.
How we share Personal Information with other parties
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Our affiliates and related companies;
- Our Partners and the suppliers and service providers who help with our business operations including in relation to fraud prevention, payment collection, marketing, customer service, and technology services;
- Our retailers, so that they can provide goods or services to you or respond to a complaint by you, or to help them improve the quality and standard of service they provide to you.
- Financial institutions that we may partner with to jointly create and offer a product;
- Credit reporting bodies and collection agencies, including to report account information, as permitted by law. When we share your Personal Information with credit reporting bodies we authorise them to use that information for the purposes of providing their credit reporting services. To request a credit report, we will provide information to the credit reporting body that identifies you;
- Banking partners as may be required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants;
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by or who may invest in us;
- Law enforcement, government agencies or officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Natskin; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
We may require your consent to use and/or disclose your Personal Information if we need to use your information for a purpose that is not related to the purpose for which it was collected.
If you do not consent to Natskin collecting, using and/or disclosing your Personal Information for such other purposes, this may affect Natskin’s ability to safely deliver and improve our products and services, or to engage or do business with you.
Marketing and privacy
Natskin may send marketing materials from time to time to those who have provided Natskin with Personal Information about products and services offered by Natskin and our Partners.
If you signed up to receive newsletters or other marketing communications from us, you can opt-out any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message. You can also log-in to your account to opt-out and update your marketing preferences at any time. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, please allow us sufficient time to process your marketing preferences. Unless otherwise required to process your requests earlier by law, it may take up to 5 days to process your opt out requests in relation to receipt of electronic marketing materials such as emails and SMS, and up to 30 days for all other marketing-related requests. Even after you’ve opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, returns or product-related inquiries, outstanding payment inquiries, surveys or recalls, or any questions regarding a specific order. You may also contact us on:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone (Australia): 03 98767881
Mail: P.O Box 385, Ringwood, VIC 3134, Australia
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Websites. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop. If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this Site. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Cookies and third party analytical services
For example, Cookies allow us to save your password so you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our site.
Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies. You can find information specific to your browser under the “help” menu. You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our Websites and Natskin Services.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads. We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on or through our Websites. For example, your postal code may be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our Websites or on third party websites.
In addition, users may prevent Google’s collection of data generated by your use of the Websites (including your IP address) by downloading and installing a Browser Plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Protecting Personal Information
Natskin will keep your Personal Information secure by taking reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, use, modification, and disclosure.
We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. Only properly authorised people who have a need to access Personal Information to perform their job will be able to see or use that information. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
Accessing and requesting correction of Personal Information
We will strive to ensure that information about you is accurate when we collect or use it. Subject to some exceptions under privacy law, we will let you see the information we hold about you and correct it if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. If we do not grant you access to your Personal Information or do not agree to correct your Personal Information we will tell you why.
If you wish to obtain access to and/or correct your Personal Information held by Natskin, please contact Natskin Holdings Pty Ltd on:
Mail: P.O Box 385, Ringwood, VIC 3134, Australia
Unless we do not agree to your request for access to Personal Information, in most cases Natskin will provide you with access as soon as reasonably possible following receipt of your request. If you request corrections to your Personal Information and Natskin agrees with your request, these changes will be made as soon as practicable. If Natskin does not agree to your request for correction, it will notify you of the reasons it does not agree and will note your request on the records it holds about you. If you are dissatisfied with our refusal to provide you with access to, or correct, your Personal Information you may also complain to the applicable regulator in your jurisdiction.
Subject to the terms set out in the Natskin User Agreement, you can also close your Natskin account through our Websites. If you close your Natskin account, we may retain information from your account for a period of time to collect resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.
Resolving your concerns
If you have a complaint regarding Natskin’s management of your Personal Information, please prepare your complaint in writing and email it to us at email@example.com
Natskin will provide written acknowledgement of your complaint within 7 days of receipt. We will investigate and advise you of the steps we have taken to resolve your complaint within 30 days of receipt of your complaint.